Etiquette & Policies
Massage Therapy Etiquette and Policies
Cancellation Policy: Please give at least 24 hours notice to reschedule or cancel an appointment. If you cancel or reschedule with less than 24 hours notice you will be charged 50% of the cost of that scheduled service. If you fail to show up for a scheduled appointment you will be charged 100% of the cost of that scheduled service.
Late Arrivals: It is best to arrive 5 minutes before your scheduled start time, new clients should try to arrive 10 minutes early to fill out paperwork. If you arrive past your scheduled start time we will still finish your session at your scheduled end time. In order to get the most out of your session with us and minimize stress, be on time!
Upon Arrival: Please see the sign on our door. If the sign says “Welcome, Please Come In“, we are ready for you and you can walk right in. If the sign says “Massage In Session“, we are still with a client or cleaning the room after a client has just left. Please have a seat on our hallway bench and relax. We will be right with you. If there is no sign on the door, we have stepped out of the office.
If you are sick: Please call to reschedule your appointment. It is in the best interest of your self and public health to avoid massage while you are sick.
Tips for getting the most enjoyment out of your massage:
- Arrive on time so you are not feeling rushed or stressed.
- It is best not to eat a heavy meal right before your massage.
- Use the restroom before your massage.
- When possible, turn off or silence your cell phone.
- Let your therapist know what you would like to get out of your session. (Pain relief, relaxation, etc.) Please speak up during the session if you are hot/ cold, need more or less pressure, etc. We can’t read your mind and we want you to have the most amazing massage possible!
- When receiving Thai Massage, please come dressed in loose or stretchy “yoga” clothes. We recommend wearing layers. You may start out warm and become chilled as you relax. Think socks, long sleeve shirts or cardigans, with the option to remove warm layers if needed.